GAMBIT ASSECO SEE 8 place European Chess Championship 2018 Porto Carras
The second Macedonian representative of the ECC, Skopje Gambit Asseco SEE (ranked 27th, with an aver... more
Open Karpos Live Games
Follow live games for Open Karpos HEREYou can check results on Chess-Results.com more
GAMBIT ASSECO-SEE SOLVING CONTEST 2018
GAMBIT ASSECO SEE SOLVING CONTEST 2018 is open chess solving competition, for all interested n... more
Karpos Open 2018 Regulations - 2/10/2018
1.KARPOS OPEN 2018 is traditional open chess tournament 8th in a row, for any interested chess player no mater of the rating, title or category in organization by the municipality Karpos, one of the municipalities in the capital city of Republic of Macedonia, Skopje in collaboration with Chess Club Gambit Asseco SEE
2.Schedule of the tournament will be from 24.03.2018 (Saturday) till 31.03.2018 (Saturday), as follows:
- March 24 (Saturday) Official Opening and beginning of first round will be at 17:00.
- March 25 (Sunday) 2nd round will start at 9:30 and 3rd round will start at 17:00.
- March 26 (Monday) 4th round will start at 17:00.
- March 27 (Tuesday) 5th round – 17:00
- March 28 (Wednesday) 6th round – 17:00
- March 29 (Thursday) 7th round – 17:00
- March 30 (Friday) 8th round – 17:00
- March 31 (Saturday) 9th round – 9:30
- March 31 (Saturday) - Closing Ceremony will be half hour after the finishing of the last round.
3.Registration of players will be possible until 16:00 hours on 24st of March 2018.
4. The Tournament will be played according to the rules of Swiss System in 9 rounds. Players will have 90
minutes till the end of the game with 30 sec. for a move, timed from the first move. Electronic clocks
will be used to measure time.
5. Entry fee will be 40 EUR. Players with rating greater than 2451 (2451 rating players are included) will be
released for entry fee. Organizer keeps the right for releasing other players for entry fee (wild card).
6. Players will be ranked according their score (number of points won). In case of a tie, the following extra ratio will apply.
- Buchholz -1
7.Prizes to the total amount of 10,200 EUR will be distributed as follows:
a) Regular prizes (7 200 €):
1) 2,000 EUR 2) 1,200 EUR 3) 900 EUR 4) 700 EUR
5) 600 EUR 6) 400 EUR 7) 300 EUR 8) 200 EUR
9) 200 EUR 10) 200 EUR 11) 150 EUR 12) 150 EUR
13) 100 EUR 14) 100 EUR
Hort system will be used for sharing prizes in case of tie until 5th place (including 5th). Other prices are not divisible
b) Special prizes (3 000 €) will be granted for best ranked player in categories as follows:
Players <= 2450 rating points
1) 300 EUR 2) 200 EUR 3) 150 EUR 4) 100 EUR
Players <= 2200 rating points
1) 200 EUR 2) 150 EUR 3) 100 EUR
Players <= 2000 rating points
1) 200 EUR 2) 150 EUR 3) 100 EUR
Players <= 1800 rating points
2) 200 EUR 2) 150 EUR 3) 100 EUR
Special prizes also will be granted to:
The best ranked women players - 200 EUR
The best unrewarded veteran player over 65 years old ( born 1953 and older) - 100 EUR
The best unrewarded player under 18 years old ( born 2000 and younger) - 100 EUR
The best unrewarded player under 16 years old ( born 2002 and younger) - 100 EUR
The best unrewarded player under 14 years old ( born 2004 and younger) - 100 EUR
The best unrewarded player under 12 years old ( born 2006 and younger) - 100 EUR
The best unrewarded player under 10 years old ( born 2008 and younger) - 100 EUR
The best unrewarded domestic player - 100 EUR
All Special prizes are not divisible
8. No player may win more than one prize. Player will win the higher one, and ordered by priority as listed
in the regulations.
9. Players must have arrived in the tournament hall no later than 30 minutes after the start of the play.
10. A player may request a maximum of two byes for the first 6 rounds of the tournament. For each
requested bye, half point will be assigned.
11. All mobile phones, tablets, and similar electronical devices are banned from the playing areas.
12. Nonresident players must provide their FIDE Identification Number (FIN) (ID code) at the time of entry.
If the player do not have a FIN, must apply for it to the own federation for a FIN before entering the
13. Tournament will be held at the *****Hotel Aleksandar Palace http://www.aleksandarpalace.com.mk/
14. Recommended Accommodation which is near the playing place will be with prices as follows:
Single room is 35 EUR for 3* hotels or 40 EUR for 4* per person with breakfast
Double room is 22.5 EUR for 3* hotels or 25 EUR for 4* per person with breakfast
Additionally, meal (lunch or dinner) would be 9 EUR each (it can be arranged latter with hotels)
Recommended hotels are:
5* Hotel Aleksandar Palace http://www.aleksandarpalace.com.mk/
Special prizes for accommodation for this tournament in the playing hotel are:
- Single room is 70EUR per person with breakfast
- Double room is 40EUR per person with breakfast
4* Hotel Royal, http://www.a-skopje.com/hotel-royal-skopje,
3* Hotel Vergina, http://www.hotelvergina.com/
3* Hotel Portal, http://www.hotelportalskopje.com/
3* Hotel Skopje, http://www.hotelskopje.mk
15. Reservations in the hotels mentioned above like others additional recommendations and conditions for
accommodation can be reached on
Marjan Mitkov, mob tel.: +38975475051
Chess Club Gambit Asseco SEE
Skopje, January 2018.