1. OPEN Karpos 2015 chess tournament is traditional open chess tournament for any interested chess player no mater of the rating, title or category in organization by the municipality Karpos, one of the municipalities in the capital city of Republic of Macedonia, Skopje in collaboration with Chess Club Gambit Asseco SEE. ( http://gambit.com.mk )
2. Schedule of the tournament will be from 27.03.2015 (Friday) till 03.04.2015 (Friday), as follows:
3. Registration of players will be possible until 16:00 hours on 27th of March 2015.
4. The Tournament will be played according to the rules of Swiss System in 9 rounds. Players will have 90 minutes for 40 moves and 30 minutes till the end of the game with 30 sec. for a move, timed from the first move. Electronic clocks will be used to measure time.
5. Entry fee will be 40 EUR. Players with rating greater than 2451 (2451 rating players are included) will be released for entry fee. Organizer keeps the right for releasing other players for entry fee (wild card).
6. Players will be ranked according their score (number of points won). In case of a tie, the following extra ratio will apply.
7. Prizes to the total amount of 16,000 EUR will be distributed as follows:
Hort system will be used for sharing prizes in case of tie until 10th place (including 10th). Other prices are not divisible
Special prizes will be granted for best ranked player in categories as follows:
Special prizes also will be granted to:
All Special prizes are not divisible
8. No player may win more than one prize. Player will win the higher one, and ordered by priority as listed in the regulations.
9. Players must have arrived in the tournament hall no later than 30 minutes after the start of the play.
10. Tournament will be held at the *****Hotel Aleksandar Palace http://www.aleksandarpalace.com.mk/
and special prices for accommodation in this hotel during the tournament will be 90EUR for single room
and 55 EUR per person for double room with breakfast.
11. Recommended Accommodation which is near the playing place will be with prices as follows:
Recommended hotels are:
12. Reservations in the hotels mentioned above like others additional recommendations and conditions for accommodation can be reached on this contact:
Marjan Mitkov, mob tel.: +38975475051
mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chess Club Gambit Asseco SEE
Skopje, December 2014.